One of my favourite bloggers Emily Freeman, http://www.chattingatthesky.com/ started a blog series a few months ago (at least that’s when I became aware of it) of things she had learnt each month, and invites everyone to post the same…I haven’t joined in before now because I didn't really think I had learned anything ‘remarkable’ in any one of the past months. Wrong. Of course I learn new things every day, and even though I like to define some of those things as things I ‘suddenly become conscious of’ I still would like to join her this month if only to keep track!
I am hopeful my horizons will be expanded and I hope you would come on this journey too…let’s go there…
- I learnt that God still answers prayer we pray and then abandon because we lack faith. We forget about it, but He answers them along the line. Amazing grace!
- I learnt that the tallest hotel in the world is the JW Marriot Marquis in Dubai. It opened last November. This knowledge is courtesy my boss, the veteran traveler!
- For as long as I can remember I have always pronounced (wrongly) the word ‘capable.’ Omg! I got corrected recently, and finally learnt that I have been speaking bad grammar for decades! ˈkeɪpəble’ – correct. As a result of this, I started to learn the correct pronunciation of every word I thought I knew…I am amazed at what I found. (Better late than never).
- People’s demeanor become warmer towards you when you address them by their names, especially service providers. A huge smile mostly breaks out on their faces. Makes me feel good too.
- I realized in September that I have been unsuccessfully trying to sleep in the middle of my bed! My bed is huge, but I always sleep at the edge, and most often in danger of falling off! (Thank God it's the right side! Imagine waking up on the wrong side of the bed everyday)
- I find it extremely difficult to shoot off an sms or an email without editing...maybe in extreme cases, and the recipient has to be the closest of close friends. I have no patience with people who start (especially) names with small letters!!! I mean, it's a noun!
- I absolutely cannot stand my barber touching my head! (oh yes, I cannot).
What did you learn in September? Pray, share.
Be free oh.