One of my favourite bloggers Emily Freeman, http://www.chattingatthesky.com/ started a blog series a few months ago (at least that’s when I became aware of it) of things she had learnt each month, and invites everyone to post the same…I haven’t joined in before now because I didn't really think I had learned anything ‘remarkable’ in any one of the past months. Wrong. Of course I learn new things every day, and even though I like to define some of those things as things I ‘suddenly become conscious of’ I still would like to join her this month if only to keep track!
I am hopeful my horizons will be expanded and I hope you would come on this journey too…let’s go there…
- I learnt that God still answers prayer we pray and then abandon because we lack faith. We forget about it, but He answers them along the line. Amazing grace!
- I learnt that the tallest hotel in the world is the JW Marriot Marquis in Dubai. It opened last November. This knowledge is courtesy my boss, the veteran traveler!
- For as long as I can remember I have always pronounced (wrongly) the word ‘capable.’ Omg! I got corrected recently, and finally learnt that I have been speaking bad grammar for decades! ˈkeɪpəble’ – correct. Because of this, I started to learn the correct pronunciation of every word I thought I knew…I am amazed at what I found. (Better late than never).
- People’s demeanor become warmer towards you when you address them by their names, especially service providers. They just smile so brightly. Makes me feel good too.
- I cannot stand my barber touching my head! (oh yes, my first barber ever always did the job without actually touching my head).
What did you learn in September?
Be free oh.