Wednesday, August 7

Going Back (Again)

I was pondering on which of my drafts to post but I didn't think that any of them was right for this moment. You know how people tend to write on things that preoccupy them.

But this morning, I knew I wanted to talk about goals, passion, and dreams. An obvious and much-talked about issue but hey, humour me.

What am I doing at the moment? I feel that I am missing on things that I need to be doing; my past posts on back to the drawing board came back to me. I asked myself (again) what my dreams and interests were, and which ones have I abandoned and why? Where did the passion for all things go? What is occupying my time? Am I disillusioned?

Then I walked right into two things, a song and a post: (Black Men United) Tevin Campbell’s ‘You will know’ track and  Tyler Perry’s post about small goals and I sighed. Again. These challenges are not peculiar to a certain few; everyone experiences periods of discouragement, and disillusionment but what should keep us going?  Shouldn't we always want to do things if they are things we enjoy?

If Tevin was singing such words way, way back, when life hadn't happened,  then our work is definitely cut out for us today. However, despite and in spite of, we must be determined to stick to at least one dream at a time, and try to realize it. As long as I wake up each morning, feeling restless about not living up to something, then I shall be fine! That for me, is a step in the right direction. This tweet by @ChristineCaine also reiterate: ‘you can’t always have to take the next hill…only the next step!’ 

What are you doing? What have you abandoned?? What is so 'small' to bother about?? Lets go back, again.

And as an aside…I have deactivated my FB page, and waiting for it to be deleted…whatever Mark Zuckerberg’s definition of delete is.

Dream again, de-clutter, live .

Be free oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments! Please leave some...