Monday, January 24

No Longer in Pain, Joshua Sleeps

It was a bad weekend. there is no other way to start this blog; It was a bad weekend.

He was just 24. He had been sick for 3 years, continuously sick, all manner of illnesses. His equally young sister and family had done so much, how painful. (Sometimes these things are not real to us because we are not close to them: to the situation or to the family in the situation, so if you have never suffered loss or experience pain in any form, you cant get this).
I remember a short few years ago a cousin of mine was terribly ill, I didnt know when it was bad and ongoing, but when I was later told of what she suffered, all I could think was "omg, these are like the things I hear and see when I watch Grey's Anatomy!!!" It cannot be happening in real life, and especaily not to to my family! But oh, I have seen my own fair share of illnesses in family: high blood pressure, stroke, liver/kidney failure, tuberculosis, accident, strange illnesses (some of these having resulted in the death of mother, brother, aunties, some within the space of 6 months of each other!) But Joshua suffered even more than this.

In my pain, all I (me, just me, my own thoughts) could think was, he never had enough time to be naughty like boys usually are, to party, to chase girls, in short, he never 'lived', as far as I am concerned....and were prayers said for him! We prayed, when did we not pray? How did we not pray the prayer? What else could we have done but pray? And my argument was 'God please, get this boy off his back, he cannot be constantly on his back, this ill, PLEASE, just let him get up!!

The night before he passed, he had had a successful 8-hour sugery, we were still basking in the euphoria of answered prayers o, thanking God for His mercies! I had spoken to his sister, who was on her way to see him the following morning, and had told her to call me when she sees him....oh, the call came alright, little did we realize that the ticking of the clock brougth Joshua's sleep to a close...the next news was 'Joshua is dead'. Pain. Pain.
But I kept telling myself, he is free, he is no longer in pain, even as I questioned God in my heart, even as I hurt and was angry, I kept saying he is no longer in pain. Fresh tears would start when I see his handsome face...BUT, Joshua finally slept, no longer in pain...at 24.

The first time I came across Isaiah 57v1 was when my mum died; (I didnt go looking for the scripture, I just found it), then I knew that those of us alive are actually the ones with problems, she had been taken away from the 'evil to come'.  I was encouraged then.

But again, God hasn't changed! As I logged on to my emails this morning, what you see below was what I found waiting for me: It just goes to show that "He" knows our pain, He understands and cares about those of us who are left, hurting and sufering, so again, I am encouraged. I am fine. Tears would prick when I imagine his face or see his picture, but Joshua is free at last! I need to look inwards and work on myself, as should you. If death comes suddenly (dont say 'God forbid' because He doesnt forbid it, no one knows when that particular caller will come calling!), what would be my (and your) state of mind?

DNW, I hope this encourages you too:
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
PRECIOUS IN THE SIGHT OF THE LORD IS THE DEATH
   OF HIS SAINTS.
                           ( PSALM 116:5 *NKJV )

   Dear Zainab,
      We all experience the death of one of our loved one's
   while we are here on Earth.  Therefore we may take comfort
   in knowing that they are now with God.  For it is written that
   when we die; THE DUST RETURNS TO THE GROUND IT
   CAME FROM, AND THE SPIRIT RETURNS TO GOD WHO
   GAVE IT.  ( ECCLESIASTES 12:7 )


       So Zainab, take comfort in knowing you will see them
   again, for it isn't the end of them but only the beginning!
   The beginning of a much better life where; HE WILL WIPE
   AWAY EVERY TEAR FROM THEIR EYES.  THERE WILL
   BE NO MORE DEATH OR MOURNING OR CRYING OR
   PAIN, FOR THE OLD ORDER OF THINGS HAS PASSED
   AWAY.  ( REVELATION 21:4 )

       Now if you have just experienced the loss of a loved one,
   the following message is for you!  It has Ministered to many
   and I pray that it will help you as well.  Further, if you haven't
   experienced that loss, perhaps you know someone who has
   and would appreciate receiving it.   If so, please feel free to
   share it with them!   It is called:


                              SAFELY HOME
                     I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
                     Oh, so happy and so bright!
                     There is perfect joy and beauty
                     In this everlasting light.


                     All the pain and grief is over,
                     Every restless tossing passed;
                     I an now at peace forever,
                     Safely home in Heaven at last.


                     Did you wonder I so calmly
                     Trod the valley of the shade?
                     Oh! But Jesus' love illumined
                     Every dark and fearful glade.


                     And He came Himself to meet me
                     In that way so hard to tread;
                     And with Jesus' arm to lean on,
                     Could I have one doubt or dread?


                     Then you must not grieve so sorely,
                     For I love you dearly still:
                     Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
                     Pray to trust our Father's Will.


                     There is work still waiting for you,
                     So you must not idly stand;
                     Do it now, while life remaineth,
                     You shall rest in Jesus' land.


                     When that work is all completed,
                     He will gently call you Home;
                     Oh, the rapture of that meeting,
                     Oh, the joy to see you come!

2 comments:

  1. All the pain and grief is over,
    Every restless tossing passed;
    I an now at peace forever,
    Safely home in Heaven at last

    Zouzou! Those four lines above especially the last one....those comfort me no end...Yes, Joan was a lively restless lady....dealt with so much but dreamed of so much...am happy she is now at peace....I am glad she is home at last. Sweet dear Joan....NOW, you can rock your life the way you always wanted to...Love you...Will always miss you......

    Zouzou? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let those of us who have life, live it with deep purpose. In the end, we're all going to face this inevitable death. I pray I make the most of the time I have left.

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Please leave some...